You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Clinical Psychology Training Program
Find a doctor
Search by Name
Search by Specialty
Please Select a Specialty
Search by Keyword
* Please type in name or select a speciality
Find a Doctor
Message from the Chairperson
Faculty and Clinicians
Mission and Vision
AUBMC Core Values
Child Protection Program
Divisions & Services
Adult Psychiatry and Psychology Outpatient
- Addiction Program
- Psychosis Recovery Outreach Program
- Eating Disorder Program
Comprehensive Cognitive Rehabilitation Program
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Psychological Assessment Center
Psychiatry Partial Hospitalization Program
Psychiatry Inpatient Unit
Arab Research Center
Psychiatry Residency Training Program
Psychology Training Program
Mental Health Training Institute
Master's in Psychiatric Nursing
Faculty of Medicine
Clinical Psychology Training Program
The Clinical Psychology Training Program is designed to ensure the proper training of clinical psychologists who by the end of the program will be able to practice their profession in an ethical, evidence based, culturally appropriate manner in their communities. The program provides experience in the main tasks performed by psychologists in clinical settings, such as diagnosis, assessment, psychological treatment, referrals and consultations. It also emphasizes the role of the psychologist as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team.
The Clinical Psychology Training Program aspires to be a regionally recognized leader in graduate training in clinical psychology, where interns, faculty and staff establish close collaborations and exchanges towards the ethical practice of clinical psychology, in order to produce professionals who serve the local, national, and global communities.
The Mission of the Clinical Psychology Training Program is to train psychology graduate students for the professional practice of clinical psychology in a competent, ethical, and culturally relevant manner in order to provide high quality services to adults, children, adolescents, and their families within the community
Dr. Brigitte Khoury
Areas of training:
- Adult psychotherapy
- Child and adolescent psychotherapy
- Inpatient psychological management
- Psychological testing and assessment
- Consultation Liaison
- Special programs and group interventions: psychosis program, eating disorder program, substance abuse program
Supervision is provided on a weekly basis, on an individual basis as well as in group format for both adult and child/adolescent case discussions.
Psychology interns follow a number of hours of didactic teaching per week, including weekly journal club discussions, grand rounds, training workshops, specialized lectures and more.
The program has two tracks:
- Adult track
- Child and adolescent track
Students choose to specialize in a track at the start of their 2nd year.
Duration of the program:
The Clinical Psychology Training Program at AUBMC covers two academic years. The first year may be included as practicum courses within the MA program, and the second year completed post-MA.
Students from doctorate programs are also welcome to apply.
Students who are accepted in the program will commit to two years of training, at the end of which they will obtain a diploma of training in clinical psychology from the Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine at AUB.
Around 15 hrs/week daily for the 1st year
Around 20 hrs/week daily for the 2nd year.
- Average grade of 80 or above over 100 in the graduate courses
- Proficiency in Arabic and English languages.
Applications should be submitted to the department of Psychiatry and addressed to Ms. Nibal Safah, at email@example.com.
Selected applicants will be interviewed.
The following are required to be submitted when applying:
• An updated CV
• Copies of transcripts of grades for undergraduate and graduate courses
• A statement of purpose indicating your interest in the program, past achievements and experiences, your goals from the programs, and your future career plans.
•A copy of passport or Lebanese ID
•Application: from January 2, 2020 till April 30, 2020.
• Graduate course in Psychopathology
• Graduate course in Psychotherapy theories
• Graduate course in Developmental Psychology (for those who are interested in the child track)
• Graduate course in Psychological Testing and Assessment
Please review the application process on the following
ELECTIVE ROTATION IN THE CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY TRAINING PROGRAM
Candidates currently enrolled in a master level program or above can apply. The priority is for MA/MS level students. Students at BA level may also apply upon space availability
: one month
Months of the year in which electives are available:
January, February, May, June, July, August and September
Please note the following:
1. Visiting students can participate in the Clinical Psychology training program activities.
2. Application process: Available electives are assigned on merit and on availability.
Application will be processed when completed form is received including applicant’s transcript of record and L.L. 75,000 non-refundable processing fee. Upon acceptance into an elective rotation, an elective fee of L.L. 75,000 (US$ 50) will be collected.
3. Tuition fee: The Faculty of Medicine does not impose a tuition fee for the elective clerkship of visiting students if the duration of stay is 4 weeks.
4. Visiting students must wear proper clothes that are not revealing and that are suitable for the elective.
5. In case of acceptance, lodging, boarding and health insurance will be at your own expense. Special programs cannot be devised to suit special requirements by the student or their sponsors. Participation in elective educational and training activity should not impose any liability on the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry.
6. Application material should be sent to:
Ms. Nibal Safah,
GME Program Coordinator
Department of Psychiatry
American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC)
P.O. Box: 11-0236, Riad El-Solh, Beirut 1107 2020, LEBANON
Building 56, 5th floor
Tel: 01350000-ext: 5664
- List of Requirements:
. Copy of Identification card or passport
Letter of intent
. Letter from program if currently enrolled
- Payment Methods
Payment could be made through:
1. Banker’s Check to the order of “American University of Beirut Faculty of Medicine”
2. Wire transfer to: .
BERYTUS Parks BCD, Reg. No. 69781 BDL 115, P.O. Box 11-1535 Beirut - Lebanon
American University of Beirut
Bank Account Number USD:
LB72 0115 0000 0000 0006 0022 4174
Bank Account Number LBP:
LB47 0115 0000 0000 0006 0022 4042
fees for an application to elective at AUB Faculty of Medicine (write the name of the concerned person)
3. Cash money (only when it is made directly in AUB/AUH cashier’s offices, in person, or in proxy).
Page Content 1
A - Z